We did it! College graduation is a major milestone in every student’s life. I can not believe I am done with college, the feeling is truly overwhelming. Growing up, no one realized how important your college years will be to you. Graduating high school everyone thought their college days would not amount to the memories they made in high school. Well, that is not true. When people say, college is the best years of your life, they mean it!
College molds you into the person you are going to be the rest of your life. The friends you make and the professors that guide you to success will never be forgotten.
As a recent graduate, here is some advice I can give to students and seniors!
- Make sure you have fun. College is a time to form friendships and make memories that are going to last a lifetime. Go out and create these memories! The work will never end, but college will!
- However, you are still in school and you have obligations. Make your grades count until the very last day!
- Always work to your very best and be successful. Everyone wants their dream job and no one can accomplish that without working hard and making a difference.
- Become a part of your school. Join a sports team, join clubs, and participate in school-wide activities. Not only will it build friendships and memories but the more activities and experience the better your resume will look!
- You will never have more opportunities offered to you than when you are in college. Take advantage of everything that is presented to you. Do not be afraid to accept an internship offer, even if it’s unpaid, they are the best way to gain experience!
- Enjoy it! It’s so easy to get sidetracked with planning for what you are going to do post-graduation. You will never get these days back, so make sure you’re making the most out of it!
- Keep in touch with your professors. Many people do not believe it but professors actually like hearing back from their past students to see how far they have come and their accomplishments since graduation. Professors also give the best advice as far as job searching!
Everyone counts down the days until graduation because they are eager to end school and begin a new chapter of their life. Be proud of your accomplishments, you worked hard for them!
Every graduation deserves a celebration. Let the experts at Jacques Exclusive Catering help you plan the graduation party of your dreams to honor the successful degrees you earned! We are your one stop caterer for all your needs. We can help you choose a location or help you plan a BBQ celebration! Be sure to check out our menu and contact us for more information!